[THIN] Re: OT - Root kits, are they real threats?

  • From: Jan <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 10:38:16 -0400

I had one in a server at home about a year ago. Nasty bugger that took me
several days to ferret out and kill. It came in through a vulnerability in
Mail Enable and hooked itself into several system level DLLs.. I've since
switched to an internet hosting company and shut down my home server, I was
less expensive to host elsewhere.

Jan Broucinek
I'm voting for Mike Huckabee for President
for info visit www.MikeHuckabee.com <http://www.mikehuckabee.com/>