[THIN] Re: OT - Remote Control your farm via PDA

  • From: "TSguy92 Lan" <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:38:38 -0800

"asks me if I want to download the launch.ica file" - this is always a clear
indication that an ICA client is not installed. You can get Citrix's pocket
PC ica client from here:

http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/downloads/details.asp?dID=2755&downloadID=3602&pID=186

Run this EXE from a workstation with the XV6700 connected in it's cradle,
with active sync functioning on the workstation. You'll have a prompt or two
on the pocket pc device to complete the install, but once you have the
client, web based application access should work.

HTH

Lan

On 11/22/06, George Wasgatt <gwasgatt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 So, when you say 'we were able to get logged in an running our published
apps without any big problems' how were you able to do that?  When I try to
launch a published application it asks me if I want to download the
launch.ica file.  That looks to me to mean that my Pocket PC browser does
not have an ICA client installed.  Which ICA client did you install and how
did you do that?

I've tried something like this with my XV6700.  I copied THINCA.EXE (the
install-less ICA client release here a few weeks ago).  When I try and
execute the file I get this error message:

            THINICA.EXE is not a valid Pocket PC Application

Does anyone have any idea what to do with this?  And let's not get started
on the VX6700's version of Media Player inability to play WAV files….