[THIN] Re: OT: Raid question

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:19:05 +0100 (BST)

Michael, we had a similar issue with one of our PowerEdge 4400 servers a few
months ago, following a reboot the system would not boot and the PERC
controller could not find the Raid array.   When we checked in the BIOS (NOT
the onboard Raid setup tools!) some of the settings in there had reverted to
default (cannot remember off the top of my head which ones).  However, when
they were set correctly and rebooted the machine came up fine !!!!   HTH Mark

Michael Boggan <MBoggan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I have a customer that was working
on there raid array, which i believe is a
Dell. They powered it off and were adding a few drives. They then powered
it back up and got a message that all RAID configuration had been lost.
They can reconfigure but it asks to format the drives. Is there anyway to
recover what is on the disks that anyone might be aware of?

_________________________________

Michael Boggan
Network Engineer/Citrix Admin
Virtual Desktop Inc.