[THIN] OT: Print Server: Printer Limits

  • From: "Monahan, Thomas" <Thomas.Monahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:58:50 +0100

Hi,

At the moment I'm wondering if there are any limits I should apply to the
amount of printers I add to an individual print server w2k (IBM X335, dual
2GHZ Xeon, 2GB Ram). We have a 125 printers on one printer server. Does this
sound like a lot? I know it depends on hardware config and printer usage, so
should I just keep an perfmon eye on memory and processor and if that is ok,
then keep adding? Is their any OS limits or other considerations I should
think about?

Thanks
Thomas

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only
for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information. If you have
received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message
from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Neither
United Utilities PLC nor any of its subsidiaries will be
liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential
damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising
from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party.

United Utilities PLC (England and Wales No.2366616)
registered office: Dawson House, Great Sankey,
Warrington, WA5 3LW.

than buying more servers.