[THIN] Re: [OT] Power Out

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:32:21 -0400

Didn't The Ghoul refer to it as AMRAP (Parma spelled backwards :)
>>> jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 8/18/2003 11:24:25 AM >>>
I was without power at home and the site was down for 27 hours. (came
on
about 7 oclock Friday and probably one of the last to come up in the
area I
think) I lost all of the food in my refrigerator and freezer (probably
about
$500 worth)

It was crazy. The store shelves were cleared of bottled water,
batteries and
ice within an hour...you couldn't buy gas anyplace to even run your
backup
generator even if you had one because the pumps didn't work anyplace.

The library I work for is in Parma where they were trying to claim the
outage started.(right up the street from the GM plant)
We had an initial quick outage at 4:06 on thursday and then it went out
at
4:09.  The papers originally reported that power was lost at 4:28
which
really threw me for a loop.

Anyways....no doubt I was right in the heart of it.  The power at the
library was up at 10 or 11 am on Friday so the Parma area where they
were
claiming it started came up sooner than the grid by my house.

Jim