[THIN] Re: OT Perfmon

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:17:53 -0400

Don't know if it's related or not but I've seen monitoring software fail
occasionally because the service account it runs with temporarily loses its
permission to monitor perfmon parameters. This happened on one server at a
time out of a 25 server farm. The problem "wandered" around the farm. If you
ignored the errors for a few hours/days, it would correct itself. If you
rebooted the monitored server, that would correct it.

Never figured it out. Attributed it to Microsoft Magic.

Raff