[THIN] OT: Patching via SCCM

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:16:33 +0200

I'm hoping that there's some sccm-klowledgable folks here

we're using sccm 2007 to patch servers during a maintenance window and
running into an issue; it appears that if the total time needed to install
the patches (m$ default seems to be 20 min per patch) exceeds the size of
the maintenance window then it simply installs nothing. It'd be nice if we
can get it to at least install some until the window closes;

i.e., 60 patches at 20min/patch = 20 hrs to install everything and the
window is 6 hours. We'd like for sccm to go ahead and install 18 patches
instead of none.

Any tips/tricks? know of a good sccm site/forum somewhere?

thanks