[THIN] Re: OT. PC Remote Control

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:48:47 -0500

MessageI assume you want to do this "on the cheap".

I would think that you could set one of them up, but not both/all. (At least
not directly.)
Most home routers will allow one of the "LAN" devices to be set up as if it
were in a DMZ.
It passes some ports through to a specific MAC address without NATing them.

If your PC's are XP, maybe you could use something like Tight VNC (would
have to be an
application that encrypts the traffic) to connect to one of them. You could
then use Remote
Desktop Connection to "hop" to the other(s).

Driving over there is beginning to sound pretty good, isn't it?

Raff