[THIN] Re: OT. PC Remote Control

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:28:05 -0500

I use a program called Remote Administrator by Famatech.com.  It's cheap and
fast.  Not real familiar with the netgear router, but with a linksys all you
have to do is setup forwarding for the port that remote admin is running on.
If there are multiple computers, just make computer one answer on port 4891 and
computer two answer on port 4892.  Then go into the router and forward the two
ports to the correct internal computer IPs.

Regards,

Paul DeHaan CISSP, CCNA, CCA...
Network Administrator
J.M. Huber Corp.

------------>
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers."

>>> david_turman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/30/04 02:15PM >>>

        OK, wayyy off topic.
        I need to be able to remote contorol a couple
        of PC's thru the Internet. These PC's are connected
        via DSL and are behine a NetGear DSL router which is
        also acting as the DHCP server. In fact, the PC that
        I will be contorlling them with is likewise set up.

        I have the IP address that the ISP assigned, which is now
        assigned to the DSL router. And obviously the IP addresses
        on the inside for the PC's are public addresses (192.168.0.x)

        Does anyone know of a product or method that will let me get
        to these PC's? It would be nice to do maintenance on them
        from home instead of having to drive over there.

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
EOL THINssentials? Bring You TRUE Universal Printing Solutions
and Time Zone Support. EOL delivers any print job, any
time zone, to any client, over Any protocol (ICA or RDP)!
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/index.asp