[THIN] Re: OT. PC Remote Control

  • From: "Jan Broucinek" <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:22:47 -0500

MessageMost DSL routers will let you do port forwarding. You just need to
figure out which port your remote control software uses and forward that via
the router to a specific PC.

I use PCDuo which allows me to specify which port I'd like to use on the
client. So I set up the same IP externally, and then set up port forwarding
inside to look something like this;

5110 --- 192.168.0.10
5111 --- 192.168.0.11
5112 --- 192.168.0.12 and so on.

On my remote software I tell it to connect to the public IP of the router and
then append the correct port number.

Jan Broucinek, System Manager
Arthur Rutenberg Homes, Inc.
(727) 536-5900 voice