[THIN] Re: OT: Outlook send from different email address

  • From: Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 05:45:50 +0100

Ok, the solution we use; slightly less messy.

Create a dummy POP3 mailbox somewhere - doesn't matter what/where as long as no
mail flows to it. This is simply to prevent error messages happening.

Create a POP3/SMTP account in Outlook. Tell it to use the email address you
want. For the POP3 account, use the dummy you have created. For SMTP use your
exchange IP (You may need to confirm Exchange security).

The Outlook user just has to select the different Account to send from - NB,
does *not* use the From field.

I've been moaning about this since Exchange 5.5 - wouldn't hold your breath for
MS to react.