[THIN] Re: OT: OT: What's the biggest problem you deal with?

  • From: "TheThin" <TheThin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:49:20 -0500

I agree, I tell my customers to thing of Citrix servers as workstations
not servers.  The only reason they are called servers is because they
are on 23.9 hours a day.  That other .1 hour is of course the reboot!

I agree with everyone else that printing and profiles are the worst.
With current network performance is it really necessary for profiles to
still roam?  I know of a few instances where I'd want to keep a roaming
profile, but I'd much rather the OS just hit the entire profile in it's
directory on the file server most of the time.  This would prevent
issues with clearing profiles on ind. TS servers if they get corrupt,
and logons would not require the profile to copy down every time.  Even
if just the ntuser.dat file was the only piece copied I'd be happier!
We redirect as much as possible out of the profile to home directories
for everything including the desktop w/ no issues over bonded gig nics.
Why can't microsoft just let us point to the profile on the file server
in the first place getting rid of all the cumbersome replication issues?