[THIN] Re: OT: Novell's NAL and preventing programinstallation

  • From: "Rob den Mulder" <rob.den.mulder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:10:59 +0200

hi,

if the Application object is set to "install as system user",
you should disable the ZenWorks NT Launcher Service
(should be something like that).
Zen uses this service to install as system.

Maybe, a better way would be to alter the NDS Application objects, so
that they aren't visible on a Citrix server.
i.e. file existence (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CTXADMIN.DLL)

Rob

>>> Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/16/02 17:02 PM >>>
Thanks, I did that and it didn't change anything.

-Paul

> ----------

Network
> Neighborhood -> Novell workstation Manager remove the Entry under NDS
> Tree.
>
> -Chi
>

> "Stansel, Paul" <Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 07/16/02 05:56 AM
> Please respond to thin
>
>         To:        "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        [THIN] Re: OT: Novell's NAL and preventing
program
> installati        on
>

> I'll be honest... I'm not seeing any Workstation Manager settings in
the
> client properties.  Where should I be looking?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> > ----------

NAL
> > apparently uses the system account for install permissions.  I know
> can
> > set an environment variable in the NAL distribution to stop certain
> apps,
> > but I have a laundrey list and it would be tedious.  I was hoping
> someone
> > knew a down and dirty way of stopping any and all application
install.

> > Thanks,
> > Paul
> >

> > ===================================
> > This weeks Sponsor:
> > triCerat, Inc
> > ScrewDrivers fxp: Self Configuring Printer Driver with Bandwidth
Control
> > Learn more at:
> > http://www.tricerat.com/?page=products&product=sdfxp

> > set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link.
> >
> > http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm
> >

> ===================================
> This weeks Sponsor:
> triCerat, Inc
> ScrewDrivers fxp: Self Configuring Printer Driver with Bandwidth
Control
> Learn more at:
> http://www.tricerat.com/?page=products&product=sdfxp

> For Archives, to Unsubsribe, Subscribe or
>
> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm

   Onze e-maildisclaimer kunt u vinden op:
http://www.ictivity.nl/disclaimer/email
                  ** Dit e-mailbericht is gecontroleerd op computervirussen **