[THIN] OT Non-Compete Agreement

  • From: Jeff <hicksj3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 05:34:34 -0700

THE PARTIES WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND EMPLOYEE AGREES TO PAY
[company name deleted] LEGAL EXPENSES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE EMPLOYEE'S
VIOLATION OR THREATENED VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.

I have been out of the public sector job market for a while and could use a
reality check. I am willing to agree to  the employer's need for protection
from competition from former employees. However the clause quoted above
seems a bit excessive.

I'm not looking for legal advice, just some comments on whether this is a
standard contract clause/practice.
Thanks.