[THIN] Re: OT: Netshield taking to long to scan

  • From: Ruud Bransen <rb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:01:28 +0200

It's engine 4.1.40. The AV is only scanning his local drives, inbound only.
I don't know why it's taking so long, maybe it's because of some temp files
being created. Anyway, I'll change the engine to 4.1.60. Thanx

Regards,

Ruud Bransen

Databalk bv

 <http://www.databalk.nl> www.databalk.nl

 <http://www.diskis.nl> www.diskis.nl

From: Ruud Bransen [mailto:rb@xxxxxxxxxxx]

Environment:

File/printserver: W2K (sp2) with Netshield (4.5 sp1)

Citrixservers: MF XP (FR2/SP2) - W2K (SP2) - No virusscanner

Opening a document (500KB) in Excel, Word, etc. from the file and
printserver is taking about 40 seconds when Netshield is activated. It takes
about 1 second when Netshield is not activated. Can anyone point me in some
direction. TAI.