[THIN] Re: OT: Need to chat with someone who is an appsense expert.

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:15:57 -0400

Thank you gents, i think I finally got this licked.

Adding the domain account of an admin from the deployment server
domain to the admin group on the local server seems to have fixed the
issue.  Seems pretty bad that you can't specify an account to use for
deployment like most other products out there.  Oh well....

On 4/16/07, Trevor Fuson <fuson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
You need to run the Appsense Application Manager console using an
account with administrative credentials.

Try disabling the firewall on the target machine to see if the firewall
is causing the problem. If it is then you need to make an adjustment to
the firewall.

If you are using Symantec Antivirus version 10 or higher then check the
event log to ensure that the anti-virus is not shutting down the agent.

Make sure you can remotely connect to the machine using the
\\machinename\c$ share using the account your are running the console
with.

Make sure you can computer management and connect to the remote machine
using the account that you are running the console with.

Trevor.