[THIN] Re: OT: NTFS permission reports

  • From: "Lucas Boyken" <lboyken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:30:40 -0500

Not to sound out of line, but what would a business manager / person
want with that information.  Sure, they should be in the loop as far as
security goes, but aren't those kind of reports for your Admin folks?
Isn't that information kind of risky to be handing out, even to a
business leader?  I know it is probably political and you don't have any
choice, or there isn't as big an issue here as I would like to believe.
Just be care...shoot, you don't need me to tell you that.  I have also
been working on researching a tool to do such a thing.  Bindview is a
good company that makes nummerous reporting tools for the win2k and
win2k3 environment.  Check them out, however, price might be out of line
for what you are looking for.  Also, it might be geared more for an IT
professional.

Respectfully,

Lucas W. Boyken
Computer Systems Associates
Account Manager / Technical Representative
lboyken@xxxxxxxxx
Company Phone:  800.222.7601
Office Phone:  515.332.2751