[THIN] Re: OT: NT4 Domain to W2k AD upgrade PART 2 (Exchange twist)

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:52:49 -0500

Yep Chris was definitely right.

but I think you could still correct your "multiple PDC" problem without
going back too far. I never had this problem myself but here what I'd do:

Because there is no option to "Demote to BDC" in Server Manager you need to
have a BDC around to do the promotion and this way have your PDC demoted. At
the worst case scenario you can take your exchange PDC out to the other
physical network (perhabs a hub) take a PC workstation, build a quick BDC
with same name and IP as your current (new) PDC and promote this PC BDC to
be a PDC on this little network. As a result of this your exchange box will
become a BDC and you may try to plug it back into your real network.

Hope this helps
Pav