[THIN] Re: OT: Might be looking for a server admin

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 10:17:52 -0600

I lived and worked out there for two years with my family. It was awesome! It's like living in a corona commercial. It is also a great place for kids to grow up.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 14, 2009, at 4:01 AM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Been a while since I posted for staff (and I'm not a hiring manager anymore) but here goes

We may have an opening within a few months for an experienced windows server admin. Knowledge of w2k3 & AD is essential, vmware esx, sql, exchange 2003, citrix, RedHat & HP SAN experience is quite desirable. Prior experience on a DOD site and prior/existing security clearance is a plus.

Must be able to receive a favorable SSBI, so sorry - only US citizens need to inquire.

Work site is located in the Marshall Islands. 85F year-round, income is exempt from Federal income tax, housing/utilities are provided, privately owned cars aren't allowed (big money saver). Full insurance, 401k, annual vacation bonus. World-class diving and deep- sea fishing opportunities, small town environment. We now have Burger King andl Subway!!!! Woo-hoo!

Anyway, it's not definite but it's very likely going to happen. For the right candidate it's possible that this could be an accompanied position - i.e., you can bring your family (great place to raise kids, private school paid for by employer, very safe community). If you're single it's automatically an unaccompanied position and your meals are free too.

Salary is pretty comparable to the states - figure out what you spend on taxes, cars, housing and utilities and you'll see that it's not a bad deal at all.

Interested, send me your resume and I'll get it in the manager's hands.

thanks
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com