[THIN] Re: OT: Microsoft Certified Architect Program

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:16:25 +0100

Backup up data to audio cassettes.

> 3.       10MB - 20MB drives
>
> 4.       EGA Wonder being the coolest video card around
>
> 5.       TeleVideo Terminals (not thin clients)
>
> 6.       1200 Baud modems being the fastest thing in the world

I can remember 300 baud modems being none too shabby.

> 7.       The days when you called "application" a "program"
> and a "developer" was called a "programmer"...

Isn't it funny how spin and euphemisms have changed the terms.

> 8.       When a portable computer weighted 20 pounds  (Kaypro)

I can remember when "mini" computers would go through a normal floor.

> 9.       Infocom games (Zork, Spellbound, and my favorite, Deadlock)
>
> 10.   When being a "webmaster" was called a "sysop"
>
> Oh, I love the way it is now days but I really miss those
> days.. they were fun.. new and the sky was the limit.  I
> remember learning assembly language so I could write I/O
> calls that showed up on the screen immediately  vs. waiting a
> second for a print / printf command... those were the days...
> they really were...  I miss them... I really do...

It truly is a different world, now.

Neil

This email and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group
Limited or its subsidiaries. Please note that email communications may be
monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group Limited is
1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB, registered
number

www.blackspider.com