[THIN] Re: OT: MalWare removal programs?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:53:14 -0400

Trend Officescan

Tasita Ebacher wrote:

I know this topic has been discussed a lot lately, but I have questions
about it no one has asked yet!

I've started demo-ing PestPatrol's corporate edition software.  I like all
of it's features and it seems like it would work, but there is a problem.  I
tried to do a "Specific path" scan of my Citrix user's roaming profiles.  It
didn't find ANY spyware.  Odd, because AdAware's free version found nearly
300 instances of malware!  I thought maybe I wasn't typing the path how it
was needed, so I scanned "all drives" and it still didn't find anything in
my roaming profiles!

Anyone have any suggestions either for PestPatrol to get it to find all the
problems, OR for a different corporate anti-spyware software that has the
cool features of PestPatrol (scheduled scans, scanning network PC's without
the users knowledge, etc) but that does actually find the malware in roaming
profiles in a specific area?

Thanks!

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications
Data Systems Engineer

Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL provides custom-tailored solutions for each client?s mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com