[THIN] OT: Logon scripting

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:15:38 -0500

Does anyone happen to do any logon scripting that checks the IP
Range/Subnet the computer is on, or, a portion of a computer name (such
as a prefix).  I'm trying to come up with the best way to consolidate
70+ different logon scripts for 70+ different offices, into one and
subnets and computer prefixes are always unique per location.

An alternative, and last case option is to check OU membership, but I
don't split up OUs by office and would like to avoid doing that.

In theory all 3 options sound like they would work just fine, but I'm
feeling them out for anyone who has done it in the real world.

I'd likely do it with KIX.
SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com