[THIN] Re: OT: Linux

  • From: Diego Torres Milano <diego@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:06:24 -0300

> I'm not using a window maker.  I'm editing this file using a raw
> terminal.
>
> .bashrc looks like this
>
> # .bashrc
>
> # User specific aliases and functions
>
> # Source global definitions
> if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
>         . /etc/bashrc
> fi
> /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr -icaroot /usr/lib/ICAClient
>
>   _____

You are changing the wrong file, .bashrc is intended to set up your
shell environment not your graphical sessions.
You didn't specify what desktop environment you are using, so I will
assume that it is GNOME and you re logged in (if this is not the case
just let me know).
Go to:

1) RedHat main menu (redhat logo) -> Preferences -> More Preferences ->
Sessions
2) Sessions -> Startup Programs -> Add -> /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr
-icaroot /usr/lib/ICAClient -> Close
3) RedHat main menu (redhat logo) -> Log Out -> Save current setup ->
Log out -> OK

if everything went well you will see wfcmgr window in you next login.

If you are only running RedHat to run the Citrix ICA client you can test
PXES Universal Linux Thin Client (http://pxes.sf.net).
You can see a running session of PXES here:
http://pxes.sourceforge.net/pxes-0.9-movie.html

--
Diego Torres Milano <diego@xxxxxxxxxx>
IN3