[THIN] Re: OT - Library - IE Kiosk mode

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:53:18 -0800

This may be of some use to you - and it's free:
http://www.pacomputing.org/PACTool/pactoolhome.aspx
-George

Mark Mucher wrote:
> Sorry for the OT - Can someone point me in the right direction to lock down
> a networked XP PC to IE only use in a private, not-for-profit library?
>
> Also, Acceptable Use policies for such a machine would be helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark
> ---
> Mark's outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
  what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com