[THIN] Re: OT Legal Recourse

  • From: Gene Herman <gene_herman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:26:10 -0800 (PST)

1099 employees while they do not enjoy some of the same benefits as w2
employees - do have the right to get PAID. I am guessing that you had to sign
in and out to get into the building - this could be subpoenad if necessary. A
lawyer's letter works better - and you might offer to barter your services for
some "legal assistance" I'd try sending a letter to the Attorney General, labor
department etc of your state and CC ( registered mail return receipt requested)
to the recruiter and the firm you worked for. if they were allegedly getting
you and ID there had to be some paperwork trail.