[THIN] Re: OT: Interview questions for DBA / Report Writter

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:57:32 +0100

obviously depends on what you are paying, but for your dollar these days, you
should get sound relational database knowledge, I'd expect someone to
understand and explain
what Normalised data is.
 explain referential integrity
 explain indexing
 explain views
 talk about triggers
 code in a SQL language base of some description.. TSQL I think for MS

In terms of specific product knowledge, I'd expect them to be able to discuss
tablespace admin, transactional logging, rolling-back/forward etc, where do
babies come from.. that kind of thing