[THIN] OT - Icons in Start Menu broken

  • From: Andrew Grubb <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:58:21 -0500

One of my customer's NT servers crashed the other day; apparently it ran out
of memory.  There were a handful of event id 2020 "The server was unable to
allocate from the system paged pool because the pool was empty" errors in
the event log, plus some WINS errors related to not having system
resources..."

Well, the WINS database was trash, but also all the icons in the start menu
are broken as well.  For example "run" now has the VNC viewer icon,
documents has the old IE icon, etc.  The desktop is cool, as is the user's
private start menu.  The problem only seems to be with the common start
menu.  I deleted the icon cache, but that doesn't seem to be it..  Registry
perhaps?