[THIN] Re: OT: IIS Settings

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:01:04 -0800

Then as Chris surmised, my original post on this won't help you.=20

He may be very correct that something like this could be scripted with
WMI.

I have to ask though. How many denied IP's are we talking about here
that you're considering scripting this change?=20

Have you considered making the settings to the default webserver
properties so that they can take effect for all other virtual servers
that you create? You can access this by right clicking on your server
name in the IIS, going to properties, and then selecting 'edit' on the
master properties of the www service.=20

It may not be a solution to your current needs, but it may save you the
hassle of re-entering this information down the road.=20

PS - Make sure you perform an IIS metabase backup prior to making any
big security changes. Right click your server (in IIS admin) and select
backup / restore.=20