[THIN] Re: OT: IIS Settings

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:16:50 -0800

Justin,=20

Are you wanting to completely duplicate one IIS site to another? What
you're asking for is information that's stored in the IIS metabase,
which is not the easiest thing to get into.

I did however find a quick method for copying one website settings to
another . . . Do a search on "copy IIS metabase"

What I came across was this process, can't say I've done it myself, but
it sounds like it will do what you need and then some.=20

In the %systemroot%\system32\inetsrv directory there is a program called
"iissync". This program will transfer over all your IIS settings to the
new computer, including certificates, virtual domains, and for the most
part, everything you need. Just open a dos prompt, and run "iissync
\\newcomputername" and wait a bit.

HTH