[THIN] Re: OT: HP Designjet 500 plotter/ArcGIS

  • From: Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:58:32 -0400

On 4/13/05, Berger, Gunnar <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How do you use the plotter with Citrix?  Do you have it hooked directly up to
> the server?

The plotter has it's own print server built in (jet direct card). The
server is a WAN link away from the plotter. This one seems to work
fine with other applications just not ArcGIS.  The way it is currently
working is via the Autocreated client printer mapping. I have the
Designjet 500 driver loaded on the Citrix server to allow this to
happen.   I would like to be able to print directly to it but that
still doesn't work consistently.

>I'm asking because I have a 450C DesignJet and I just walked out of
my bosses office >telling him that I would under no circumstances
install this on my Citrix server.  I've >always had it setup as a
client attached printer that failed.  We would like to be able to
>plot if possible, if there are any plotters that work through Citrix
I'll probably buy one.  Let >me know what you think.