[THIN] Re: OT: GPO Folder Redirection

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:54:49 -0400

I just completed setting up a locked down desktop on MF XPA, Windows
2000. I had no major problems and it works great. I have a redirected
desktop, start menu, and limited access to control panel items (3 in
total).

Unless Windows 2003 is different is sounds like you don't have the user
settings set. Under User Configuration, Windows Settings, Folder
Redirection you should have 4 options to redirect (Application Data,
Desktop, My Documents, Start Menu). If you use the advanced settings you
can redirect by groups (e.g. accounting group goes to
\\server\users\accouting)

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA
Network Administrator