[THIN] OT: File and Print Sharing

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:00:52 -0500

Hello,

We are getting ready to start implementing SMS 2003.  With this product
as well as many others like it, there tends to be a need atleast at some
point for File and Print Sharing to be enabled on workstations.  For
example, to remotely push out the actual clients for SMS to
workstations, File and Print sharing must be enabled on the client
machine.  We have seen this true on a few other applications like SMS.
However, we generally disable this service on our clients for security
reasons.  How do you all rate File and Print sharing as a security risk
on workstations?  We have roughly 1500 clients.

Thanks for your opinions!

/jL
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH
for Microsoft Terminal Services