[THIN] Re: OT: FW: New trojan turns home PCs into porno Website hosts

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:17:10 -0700

A few more companies with 'clean' reboot SW solutions:
http://www.centurionguard.com/driveshield.htm
http://www.fortres.com/products/cleanslate.htm
http://www.faronics.com/main.asp?pg=professional
-George

Paul DeHaan wrote:
Sounds pretty interesting.  How long have you had this software in
production?  Have you seen any major/minor issue due to its use?

steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/14/03 12:44PM >>>

The original products was provided by http://www.duocor.com

The new one, which is first becoming available publicly, is from
http://leapfrogsoftware.com/  I don't know if the auto-restore on
reboot
flag is available yet in this one, I am working with early versions
right
now

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
(602) 432-8649
(602) 296-0411 fax steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 7:15 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [THIN] Re: OT: FW: New trojan turns home PCs into porno Web
site
hosts

How do you handle the monlthy (or so) changes to the SecureChannel
password
and other windows administrivia that goes on behind the scenes? adam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst phone: 503.723.4890 Library Information Network of Clackamas County fax: 503.794.8238 16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208 web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654 email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." - Epictetus