[THIN] OT: External to internal Web Site setup

  • From: Mario Villarreal <MarioV@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:57:04 -0800

Forgive the off topic post.  Normally I wouldn't ask but I have a meeting in
a few hours where this problem will come up.

We currently have an "internal" web server that we use for some testing of
nfuse and internal program stuff.  Our true website is hosted by our ISP on
their servers outside our network.  We are trying to have a link on our
External site point to the internal webserver so we can access some internal
data.  I had our ISP add a DNS entry point  "internalserver.ourdomain.com"
to 333.333.333.333 (real world ip) which is in turn redirected through our
firewall to the internal ip.  I can ping through but I can't get the default
page to pull up.  What am I missing?

Any help or location to find information on this topic would be greatly
appreciated.  This is our first project like this.

Internal server is W2K

TIA
Mario