[THIN] OT: Exchange 2000 Recipient Policies.

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TheThin. net" <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:44:14 -0800

I have migrated a client's old Exchange 5.5 server to a new Exchange
2000 server.  I'm at the finishing stages, and I need to customize the
Recipient Policy.  They have a weird convension for the username and
Exchange alias/SMTP Email address.  The username is the first 4 letters
of the last name with the first letter of the first name.  Their
alias/SMTp address is first letter of their name with the complete last
name followed by @company.com.

Now, I have found the Microsoft article on how to configure a custom
Recipient Policy, 285136.  It basically states that if I specify the
following in the SMTP address field in the policy, it will create the
SMTP address as follows:

%1g%s@xxxxxxxxxxx    HBarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have added this to a test policy, and filtered it via a test OU with a
test user account within it.  The SMTP address doesn't change.  I see no
errors in the event log.  I have forced replication at the policy level,
the NTDS level, and even the CONFIG_CA ADC agreement.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris