[THIN] OT: [E-Mail Certs / SSL / Document signing / General question about CERTS]

  • From: "Les DeFoor" <ldefoor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 21:25:25 -0700

IRS Circular 230 Disclaimer:
To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice
provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it
cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of
avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other
taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a
partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction
addressed herein.

I am about to embark on something I believe is pretty simple, BUT for
some reason, I can't get my mind around it.

I have to come up with a solution which provides for digitally signed
E-mails / Encrypted E-Mails and possibly the ability to sign general
word / excel documents and Adobe PDF's.

I know there are a lot of companies that provide free E-Mail Signing and
Encryption, but, that is done on a per user basis.

I would like to be able to control this at the DOMAIN level, so the
users don't have to remember to press (SIGN) or if their E-Mail goes
away, it just is automatically applied at the server level.

Am I dreaming, can this be done?  Where would I start looking.

Anyone want to make a little extra money and help me through this?

Thanks