[THIN] Re: OT: Duplicate name on network

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:43:30 -0700

By chance, is this the second NIC in this server?  If so, you will
need to unbind WINS and NetBIOS on the second NIC that will be
connected to the Internet.  There is a MS KB article outlining that
you cannot have NetBIOS bound to multiple NIC's installed on one
machine.

CHRIS LYNCH -  MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel 949.367.3406