[THIN] Re: OT: Disabling wireless NIC when plugged in to your corporate network

  • From: Michael Pardee <pardeemp.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:48:24 -0400

We have it working with hardware profiles right now, but there has been some
pushback from people that want it a bit more seamless.  I¹m probably more in
that camp because we really were trying to make it so that people can just
use the laptop wherever they can get connectivity and the device would be
secure.  We actually own McAfee¹s HIPS product and have been struggling to
make it handle this for us.  That was our ³Plan A.²  ³Plan B² was to just do
it via group policies based on if the laptop sees a DC or not.  It ended up
pretty simple to do but this last piece has been frustrating.

From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 12:39:09 +1200
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: OT: Disabling wireless NIC when plugged in to your
corporate network

Will hardware profiles not do the trick?

If not, there are enterprise firewall solutions that should be able to this
or something similar, such as EndPoint Security Suite - about $80/lic