[THIN] Re: OT: Disabling wireless NIC when plugged in to your corporate network

  • From: "Steve Snyder" <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 12:39:09 +1200

Will hardware profiles not do the trick?

If not, there are enterprise firewall solutions that should be able to this
or something similar, such as EndPoint Security Suite - about $80/lic

On 9/8/06, Michael Pardee <pardeemp.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Definitely off topic...

I've searched Google but only found others with the same question - no
good solution.

We are configuring our WindowsXP laptops to do a few things automatically
based on where they are plugged in.  When they are on our corporte network
the firewall is configured a certain way, the proxy is enabled in IE, etc.
When they are not on our network the firewall gets locked down, proxy gets
disabled, etc.  The last remaining piece to this is I would like for all
other NICs (WiFi, EVDO) to turn off/disable when the laptop gets plugged in
to our LAN.  I cannot find a way to shudown interfaces via Group Policy.

Anyone out there already deal with this?  What did you do?

Thanks in advance.

--

Michael Pardee
www.blindsquirrel.org