[THIN] OT: Dell and HP (Compaq) Servers

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:59:07 -0700

We are in the process of comparing hardware and would like to add some
testimonial to our comparison to justify one over the other.  What I am
looking for are *facts* based on personal experience with these two
platforms mainly in the areas of support and hardware issues.

If you want to limit it even more, I would like to know about the RAID
controller issues, which I have seen many come across for the DELL servers
and would like to know if there have been resolution to the issues and how
recent they have been.  If people have been having the same issues with the
HP(Compaq) servers I would like that information as well.

We are currently an HP(Compaq) shop but evaluating our options between Dell
and HP.  Not even looking at IBM for various reasons.

Again, I am looking for facts, not opinion...we are opinionated enough
already.  :-)

Thanks,
Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT/CNS
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you
have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
system.   Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal
privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320