[THIN] Re: OT: DNS with Win2k server

  • From: "Robert Coffman - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:43:52 -0400

>I have setup a DNS server and I am attempting to start using it for our DNS
for all of our domain names.  I setup a zone for one of our domain names and
changed the name server for that domain at the registrar, but now when I do
a nslookup on that domain name, it gives me a DNS request timed out.  Any
ideas on what I have missed?  I am new to the windows Dns server so any help
would be most appreciated.

I'm no DNS expert, but if you just recently changed your authoritative host
it will take some time to replicate, perhaps a day or so?

- Bob Coffman