[THIN] OT -DNS issues

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:10:14 -0700

All,

I have two W2K servers (out of over 200) that come up with the following
error:
Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1000
Value (1722).

Every article I find refers me to DNS.  Sure enough, when I do any ping or
NSLOOKUP, anything that goes through DNS fails.  What's confusing me is
that is has all the correct DNS settings in TCP/IP properties.  NSLOOKUP
tries to connect to the DNS servers.  It's has the appropriate FQDN.  It's
as if it can't connect to the DNS service due to port blocking or
something.  The problem server can ping the DNS servers, but get back the
WINS names (ie..no domain suffix).  If I ping the FQDN of any server, it
fails.  I've wiped out all the Ip settings, moved into workgroup, added
back to domain, reconfiged IP, etc.  Nothing helps.  I've moved the servers
to the same physical switch the DNS servers are on, but nothing changes.
My network folk have confirmed that no ports are being blocked.

Any other things I should be looking at?

adam

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html