[THIN] Re: OT: Cusrmgr

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:51:46 +1200

That's common practice with command line arguments. If you think of it from
the programmer's point of view, when he has his program decipher the
arguments you've given, he's breaking up the command based on where the
spaces are. So, Power and Users would be interpreted by most programs as two
discrete items. Enclosing them in quotes causes everything within the quotes
to be treated as a single item.

JD