[THIN] Re: OT: Changing Adminsitrator password...

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:08:57 -0400

If you can purchase either of those utilities, do it...they are much =
easier to use and work with.  If you need a quick fix that is free...(and =
NOT guaranteed!) follow this link: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/=
bootdisk.html

I have used this successfully used the Linux bootdisk for resetting an NT =
4.0 server password, but haven't tried it with Win2k.  I have since =
purchased the sysinternals package as a disaster recovery tool...It is =
spendy for a "nice to have" product, but has saved me much time and pain.

HTH,
Paul

>>> djn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/15/02 08:07AM >>>

O&O Bluecon and ERD Commander will do the trick.