[THIN] OT. Bulk permission changes

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:37:31 -0000

Sorry about the OT post. I have just installed a new NAS system and am
shortly going to start consolidating all of my various fileservers onto it.
Once I move the files onto the NAS, they'll inherit default permissions for
the folder they are going into, correct? I therefore need to restore the
proper permissions once the files have been moved.

I remember seeing a very elegant batch file ages ago that would generate a
permissions list (using CACLS) of all files then later parse the list and
reapply the relevant permissions. Does anyone know where I can obtain this
file now? I seem to have lost my copy.

Regards
Angus