[THIN] Re: OT: Blade Servers

  • From: "Rusty Yates" <rusty27@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:01:48 -0500

We are using Dell OpenManager right now and the on board management for the
blade chassis (which is ok) nothing like IBM.  But when we were looking at
IBM, HP and Dell we knew IBM and HP were better but for what we needed Dell
was better and we got more servers for the money.  This year we are looking
at Altiris which has a piece that is designed just for Dell.  Looks sweet
and pricing isn't that bad.

On 9/19/06, Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you using OpenManage or 3rd party for management? I've never been impressed with OpenManage for non-Blade servers, but I'd imagine the Blade variant is much different.