[THIN] OT: Best Exchange help resource?

  • From: richard van beers <richard.van.beers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:47:29 +0100

Hi Thinners,

Where can I best look for Echange 2003 help?

currently trying to get my feet wet in Echange 2003, which we have to
migrate too from nt4/exch 5.5 in a different domain. I cannot seem to
get the ADC to work.

Details:

I am trying to migrate 5.5 to 2003 in a new domain. Exchange 2003 is
setup. the ADC is also setup.

When I run step 2 data collection in ADC, it fails: "Could not connect
to server <server:port> with LDAP error -49. Check server name, port
number and account permissions."

It seems to only want to authenticate as the current user
(administrator in the NEW domain) and fails that.

- ldap port has been changed to 379
- There is a two way trust between old en new domain.
- newdomain/administrator is a member of the administrators group on
the old domain.
- In 5.5 newdomain/administrator has service account permissions added
to the site servers and configurations containers
- All authentication methods for ldap are ticked.

When is use the Migration Wizard, I CAN specify an account to logon
as, and if I specify "olddomain/administrator" it connects, but only
gives me the option to migrate user mail boxes, not public folders or
anything else.

* Why wont the ADC work?
* How can I migrate the PF and ditribution lists to 2003?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Richard
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH
for Microsoft Terminal Services