[THIN] Re: OT: Best Antivirus software

  • From: Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:10:42 +0100

FWIW Version 8 of AVG seems to have solved the resource problem you sometimes
got with 7. But it's a good point - we have McAfee on the firewall, and a
combination of Kaspersky and BitDefender in addition on the SMTP feed.

I'd actually incline to say that the single best thing you can do for an SMB is
get anti-spyware on the firewall - we have far more problems with Spyware on
sites without it than we do with actual viruses.

Though of course you could argue that Spyware is really just virtualised virusJ.

Nick