[THIN] OT: Bad stability week here for Win2k post ms04-011

  • From: "Pardee, Michael P." <MPardee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:48:26 -0400

Hopefully for everyone on the list we are the only ones having stability
issues this week with Windows2000, but since applying ms04-011 on all the
servers last weekend, we have not had a lot of stability.

This only seems to be happening to our Win2k servers, regardless of them
running Citrix or just being regular nodes of a 2 node file and print
cluster.  Windows2003 and NT4 servers have been fine.

Some times they crash.  Some time termsrv.exe just crashes repeatedly.  So
far, removing ms04-011 brings back stability.  We do have Microsoft involved
in helping us with this, but wondered if anyone else was feeling any pain
from ms04-011.
Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission
is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject to protection
under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act (HIPAA).  The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the message is
strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalties.  If
you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender
immediately by replying to this email and delete the material from any
computer.
http://www.tarantella.com/ttba