[THIN] Re: OT: Backup with two tape drives

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:26:48 -0500

You can write to the multiple drives at once on the same SCSI bus.
Optimum setup might be a second card for a dedicated second bus, or
moving from a single controller card to a dual controller card

Can't speak for any limitation of BackupExec.  We use CommVault and it
writes simultaneous to multiple tapes at a time (as many as you have and
want to pay licensing for).  There's no point in having more then 1
drive if only 1 is ever used at a time.